Chemonics International is a global consulting firm promoting economic growth and higher living standards in developing countries. Our experience in 135 countries has taught us to value solutions that are multi-disciplinary, that incorporate diverse voices and local needs, and that integrate strategies and innovations from many sectors. By promoting meaningful change around the world we help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Chief of party
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Indonesia to help local civil society organizations and public institutions address the causes and consequences of conflict across the country.
Responsibilities include: oversee field operations, administration, logistics, procurement and budgeting, financial accounting (expenditures and reporting), and the performance-based management system; establish procedures and ensure compliance for grants, funds liquidity, procurement, and administrative actions; oversee the administrative aspects of management of all subcontractors; hire staff and ensure that program operations comply with Indonesian labor laws; and communicate and coordinate regularly with the USAID cognizant technical officer.
- Master’s degree
- 10 years of experience supervising complex, challenging field operations (including program development, personnel management, grants programming, and financial management) in unstable developing counties
- Experience with USAID donor guidelines and regulations preferred
- Demonstrated track record in establishing systems and program start-up under short time constraints, and in overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously
- Experience working in conflict or post-conflict countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; additional fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia preferred
Send electronic submissions to Indo_COP@chemonics.com by June 30, 2007. Please provide a cover letter, CV, and your contact information. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.