Chemonics International is a global consulting firm promoting economic growth and higher living standards in developing countries. Our experience in 135 countries has taught us to value solutions that are multi-disciplinary, that incorporate diverse voices and local needs, and that integrate strategies and innovations from many sectors. By promoting meaningful change around the world we help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Deputy Chief of Party
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Indonesia to help local civil society organizations and public institutions address the causes and consequences of conflict across the country.
Responsibilities include: oversee program development and logistics for all program components; manage and procure in-kind support for all grants; work with local, regional, and international vendors and service providers to procure commodities and services, inspect/accept goods, and monitor the use of goods and services; ensure procurement procedures guarantee the best value for USAID and grantees; and manage day-to-day office operations, including maintaining administrative records, tracking non-expendable property, arranging for in-country and international travel of contractors, overseeing petty cash and payment of rent and utilities, and purchasing furniture and equipment.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum five years of experience with significant management experience in a developing country context
- Direct knowledge of logistics, USAID procurement procedures, and the Indonesia environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult procurement problems and issues
- Familiarity with commodity management tracking systems
- Experience in program development in conflict-affected environments
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia preferred Vacancies Contact
Send electronic submissions to Indo_DCOP@chemonics.com by June 30, 2007. Please provide a cover letter, CV, and your contact information. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted