The Office of the United Nations Recovery Coordinator for Aceh and Nias (UNORC) was established in September 2005 to support the Government of Indonesia. As the Government has taken a strong lead in the post-emergency phase with the establishment of the Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Agency for Aceh and Nias (BRR), it is imperative that UNORC takes responsibility for facilitating strong coordination among the UN Agencies, the international NGO community, and bilateral donors in full and timely support of the Government’s reconstruction and recovery efforts.
UNORC works with many partners and continues to strengthen its field presence to overcome pressing issues in Aceh and Nias. Information, research, analysis and monitoring also constitute an essential service provided by UNORC to the Government of Indonesia and partner organizations through the UNORC Information Analysis Section (IAS).
IAS is composed of three units: the Information Coordination Unit gathering and disseminating data to ensure needs of stakeholders are met, the Data Management Unit collating, cleaning and processing data sets using the common UN software, DevInfo and the Statistical Research Unit, developing timely analytical reports and products to feed into policy making.
The Database Officer reports to the Head of the Data Management Unit and is responsible for establishing, maintaining and extending a consolidated database warehouse of key recovery data sets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of Chief of unit, Establish and maintain databases to support the compilation of quality data relating to the recovery and human development process and other current issues in Aceh and Nias.
2. Ensure data quality through implementing data management control and procedures to ensure quality of outputs produced by IAS i.e. reports, databases, datasets,
3. Implement metadata repository management; verify methodologies used with metadata, Ensure metadata standardization such as DDI/DC standards.
4. Ensure proper documentation of methodologies, source documents and metadata used by IAS.
5. Support the regular updating process of Aceh Info and bi-annual update of TRIP report, provide leadership in the process of data entry and data cleaning
6. Build capacity of Data Management Unit in principles of Database Architecture and Administration.
7. Provide technical assistance, develop training packages in local language and provide training to partners implementing data dissemination tool
8. Maintain an overview of Database projects in Aceh and Nias to assess potential for integration and inform the Head of Data Management Unit of areas for potential collaboration.
9. Provide ongoing technical support to Local Government data management projects, as identified by the Head of the Unit, to promote the continued exchange of data.
10. Any other duties requested.
Education & Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree or more than ten years of directly relevant working experience.
- At least five years, progressively responsible experience in database management and data analysis, including demonstrated training ability, Knowledge of the data processes in the UN system essential, such as impact monitoring tools and database management systems. Knowledge of Local Government data management projects desirable.
- Fluent English is required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in programming languages, various database software and UN developed software such as DevInfo, DAD and HIC tools. Knowledge of GIS software desirable.
Please send application letter, CV and any other related into one file that ready to print to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is 4 August 2007.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code: RW_759782-61