Yr(s) of Exp 5 years
Industry Tourism/Travel Agency
Job Function Sales, CS & Business Devpt > Business Development
Marketing / Public Relations > Management
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Direct Marketing
Employment Type Full Time
Market Manager – Indonesia
* Leading global online travel company
* Fun and fast paced industry
* Based in Bali
HotelClub is one of the world’s few truly global online hotel intermediaries. It provides access to more than 60,000 hotels in 15 languages and 19 currencies to a global customer base, generating millions of room nights every year.
As part of Orbitz Worldwide, one of the world’s largest online travel companies, HotelClub has exciting opportunity for a Market Manager to join the Hotel Services team in Indonesia. Primary purpose of this position will be to contract hotels and to obtain room allocations and competitive rates to generate sales and maximize profits for Orbitz worldwide.
Primary Responsibilities include
* Ensuring that we have sufficient amount of contracted hotels and rooms for Indonesia across Orbitz brands.
* Obtaining and monitoring availability from hotels to meet client needs and maximize conversion
* Quality control of information on hotels. Ensuring latest information is displayed on the website and in a standard format.
* Assisting in sales and marketing initiatives to ensure we meet all targets and deliver a regular and solid customer experience.
* Liaising between hotels and the accounts department to ensure all accounting information is up to date.
* Updating other sales, operations and help desk staff with product and market information.
* Follow-up of complaints and cancellations
* Obtaining seasonal and ad-hoc specials and “hot deals” from suppliers for promotions, newsletters, and other marketing initiatives.
* Maintain a pro-active relationship with suppliers (sales trips, site inspections, functions, face-to-face meetings wherever possible, and familiarization trips where applicable).
* Coaching and mentoring Market Coordinators where necessary
* Ensuring the efficient flow of contracts through to go live on OWW websites, maintaining procedure throughout.
* Assist in creating an effective distribution channel to promote new products within your region.
Successful applicant will have proven experience in travel industry and demonstrate product and market knowledge, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong negotiating skills. You will have an understanding of the “last minute” market, excellent knowledge of tourism industry and key competitors and industry issues.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online with a covering letter and resume in by 5 June 2011.