UNDP Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
Team Leader – Strengthening Sustainable Peace And Development In Aceh
Functions / Key Results Expected
Working under the direct supervision of the Head of Peace Section and closely with UNDP’s Aceh Programme Coordinator, the Team Leader - SSPDA will support the implementation of projects in terms of management and technical expertise on project design and development, operational and programmatic responsibilities.
1. In term of management, the selected candidate is expected to (a) manage all aspect of SSPDA programme, (b) manage the National and Provincial Project Management Units and consultants, (c) supervise the work of consultants hired to support project implementation, (d) ensure horizontal and vertical information mechanisms, reporting and clear division of responsibilities and roles of each staff, and (e) provide formal and ad hoc reports on a regular basis to both UNDP and BAPPENAS.
2. In term of technical expertise on project design and development, the selected candidate is expected to (a) participate in the design and development of new initiatives and programmes, (b) serve as UNDP focal point for reintegration activities and represent UNDP in the Forum Bersama (FORBES).
3. In term of technical expertise on operational, the selected candidate is expected to (a), manage budget and financial reporting and follow up to ensure processes are smooth and timely in close coordination with the Provincial Programme Management Unit i.e. developing expenditure forecasts and anticipating the inclusion of newly arisen needs and budget revisions and ensuring all staff members are familiar with UNDP financial system i.e. ATLAS and supervise expenditures and financial delivery, (b) prepare reports as required by the Donor for submission through CPRU-UNDP and the NPD (National Project Director), and (c) undertake ad hoc tasks as required by Head of Peace Section and NPD.
4. In term of technical expertise on programmatic responsibilities, the selected candidate is expected to (a) ensure the delivery of livelihoods initiatives in post-conflict affected areas, and that standard procurement procedures are followed, (b) share information and ensure coordination with other actors in reintegration activities undertaken by the Government of Indonesia, other donors, national and international partners, (c) consult with the UNDP Aceh Programme Coordinator on programme implementation and raise any potential issues that may eventuate during implementation, and (d) liaise with the Government of Indonesia at all levels (national, province and districts), donors and the international community, local stakeholders and other actors in the Aceh reintegration process.
Impact of Results
In reference to the expected result of the programme, positioning of the Team Leader will impact to the result of the programme as follows :
* The project management and its implementation is well established and well managed in line with the project goals;
* The SSPDA project intervention for the reintegration activities is designed and developed base on target beneficiaries needs and in consultation with Government of Indonesia;
* The reintegration strategies is developed and incorporated into the medium and long term development in Aceh .
* A technical qualification in rural development, agronomy, livelihoods planning would be a must.
* The candidate is expected to be proactive, structured and results oriented, with well developed analytical and presentation skills.
* Fully computer literate, with hands-on experience with resource planning software.
* Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues of different national and cultural backgrounds.
* Detailed knowledge of UNDP financial rules and regulations including contracting procedures will be a significant asset.
A Masters degree in development, international relations, conflict resolution/peace building, business or public administration, financial management, or other relevant field.
Minimum 10 (ten) years of relevant professional experience - with at least 5 years dealing with programme and project management, including financial responsibilities and at least 3 years dealing with conflict resolution and peace building programmes.
Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication. Knowledge of Indonesian language and/or Aceh culture would be a significant asset